Friday, April 25, 2014

Final Reflection

So this was it. The final week. I had been dreading the final day for a while now... like since day 2. I'm not one for change, I despise it actually. I've always been like that though. I wasn't a fan of graduating high school, going to college, moving for student teaching. There's just something about big changes that leave me feeling anxious and uneasy. I still had all of those emotions on the last day of student teaching but I also had many more.

My last day was full of presents, in class parties, a surprise home cooked lunch, hugs from students, and a few tears. I truly have the most wonderful students and I realized today that they cared for me just as much as I cared for them. We have had some great times together but it's the ones you don't expect will miss you that surprise you the most. Sometimes in class as a teacher your just not sure your students are listening; sometimes they are blank starring into space, obviously distracted, or just plain sleeping. Some had me fooled. I mean who gives the gift of an engine! Well of course my small gas engine class. This isn't just any engine it's one that is specifically designed to show the piston during four strokes of the engine. My biggest reflection upon today is that I love teaching and everything about it. I mean I was one of the few crazy ones that didn't give up classes when I should have because I just didn't want to stop. All I can say is I miss them and teaching already and it's been about three hours.

As far as reflecting upon my teaching skills I'm not very good at that. If someone was to ask me I would say I have a lot of improving left to do! I'd rather let the students tell you how I did so here is some feedback from their course evaluations…..


"Just keep doing what your doing and you will make an awesome teacher." 

"thanks for teaching us this year. you did really good and i hope you learning to teach and manage classes helps you because you would be a really good ag teacher and i enjoyed having you in 2 of my 3 ag classes"

"The fact we had two good teachers and that it taught us all a little more then we knew"

"i hope that you had a good year here at west perry because having you as a teacher was good and you taught me alot of stuff not only in this class but other to. so thanks again and for everything you did!(:"











No comments:

Post a Comment