Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cruise Control



I've set my car to cruise control as I head into the final few weeks of my time at West Perry. I cut back a few classes but picked up another so I'm still a busy bee. It's kinda my nature to be busy. The weather appeared to get nice for a few days which lead to a few fun activities and a rowdy bunch of high school students anxious for summer vacation.

We also had our banquet last week which was such a great experience! My students surprised with an honorary chapter degree. I was so touched and surprised I was in tears as I walked up to get my award. The next I spent teaching all of my classes some floral design skills! I was able to use the flowers from the banquet to make corsages, boutonnieres, and round arrangements. The students really enjoyed this and I really enjoyed taking the time to have a fun day of flower arranging with them!

I have been spending all of my free time applying for jobs and preparing for interviews! Not much reflection from this week but enjoy some pictures from class!

Honorary Chapter Degree! 
Flower Dissection 
Using the Banquet flowers
 for plant dissection 


Banquet Prep! 





The whole gang! 


Freshman eating their green hand degree
serving ice-cream at the banquet 
Day after the banquet flower arranging 


No comments:

Post a Comment