Sunday, October 27, 2013

Look out National Convention...Here I come!!

Thinking of National Convention leaves me with a rush of emotions. With so many adventures to look forward to i'm excited, nervous, jittery, and anxious just to name a few. The last time I attended National Convention was two years ago to receive my American Degree; a very emotional last time in that blue and gold jacket.

LOOK OUT LOUISVILLE!! It's funny where paths in life can take you. I will be attending again this year as a National Teach Ag Ambassador, competitor in the ATA Program of Excellence, and a student teacher candidate. All three of which are huge personal accomplishments! 
This week you can find me on the red carpet at the National Teach Ag Booth. Ag teachers are celebrities! We will be inspiring some young minds to think about education and joining the ag ed family. I am extremely honored to be part of this group with ten other ag ed superstar college students! 

I will also be participating in the Alpha Tau Alpha Conclave representing the Penn State Teach Ag Society. We will be showcasing all the accomplishments of the club over the past year. Along with program of excellence other club members will be participating in parliamentary procedure, debate, and quiz bowl. I'm excited to meet other future teachers from other colleges and learn about what they are doing at their schools.

It's funny to look back and see how much you change over the years but yet how much is still the same. From wearing my blue and gold jacket and attending convention as a student not all that long ago to today attending convention as a future teacher talking to students about considering a career as an ag teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment