Sunday, February 9, 2014

SNOW DAY ...or WEEK?

         I remember as a high school student I used to love snow days! I would stay up late to watch the news to see if our school reported a snow day or 2hr delay. If they canceled school I would call my neighbors and we would plan out our day of sled riding or capture the flag. We were so hard core about our time off from school we would wake up early on two hour delay days just to go sled riding which ended up with us being rushed to school, usually late and our faces still red from the cold weather. My neighbors also had six kids so us being late to school was normal.

          So how's my third week of student teaching going? IDK did we even get anything accomplished this week. I end this week confused and frustrated with a mess for next week! This time however it's not about the students or even myself...it's about the freaking weather! Here was my week
Monday- School's canceled
Tuesday-2hr delay
Wednesday- Canceled
Thursday- 2hr delay
Friday- Yayy a normal day

         As a teacher my opinion on snow days is the complete opposite! Well I was thankful for Monday but only because I had a cold. As ag teachers our schedules get messed up enough we don't need to add snow days into the mix also! By Thursday I was feeling the student's struggle to make it through the week and I was right there with them.

          I shouldn't say this week was a wash completely. I did the best I could with the time I was given. During two hour delay days majority of my class periods are a little less then a half hour. I changed some of my plans and had classes take safety tests, complete projects, or do review activities we could do within that time period. We finished up shop projects, reviewed the tools for working with small gas engines, and made wildlife game bird notecards.

It's safe to say time was not on my side this week....better luck next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment